After dashing by the Cynthia Rowley Spring 2015 presentation at the Swiss Institute, I quickly caught an Uber car across town to Lincoln Center to see the Pamella Roland Spring 2015 runway show.
I got to the show late and had a standing room ticket so I barely got to see the show. By “barely” I mean standing on my tippy toes to catch a glimpse of the looks at the end of the runway. And, honestly, I’m ok with that because the show wasn’t anything mind blowing. Yes, there were some good pieces but Pamella Roland does not design for me. According to WWD, an imaginative trip to Japan served as the main inspiration for Pamella Roland’s eveningwear-focused collection. Below I’ve compiled my top five favorite looks from the show. View the rest of the looks here.
1. White co-ord with mesh jacket- I like the high-rise pants with clean lines, crop top and jacket combo. It’s simple, clean and perfect for spring.
2. White dress with textured body and tulle skirt- Again, feeling the mix of textures here with the flowy skirt giving a light airy feeling.
3. Nude dress with embroidery and sheer sleeves with white cuff- This dress stood out to me because of the amazing sleeves and double slit.
4. Feathered boho belt- This look is simple with great spring colors but the feathered belt really pulls it together.
5. White cutout jumpsuit- A classic jumpsuit look with small geometrical cutouts makes for a simply elegant look.
After the Pamella Roland show I finally had a couple hours to eat, consume copious amounts of espresso and charge my devices. Luckily some familiar faces, Angelica and Daniel, graced me with their presence while we waited for the SKINGRAFT show. We explored the Lincoln Center tents, filled with sponsored booths, picking up samples and getting trendy gold flash tattoos.
Recharged, both physically and technologically, we made our way to the much anticipated SKINGRAFT show. Stay tuned for looks from that show and the celebrities seen there. (Hint: Sister Act)
(Photo credit: WWD)